"At the very beginning of this campaign, there were some who were hesitant, but now, having seen the results, we stand in awe of what God has done."
Pastor Clarence D. Croscutt
The investment in the church’s future has some related costs, including:
- Openness – the church must be open to considering changes in its direction, ministries, and format from what it is currently doing, or what certain groups prefer to do.
- Commitment – the church leaders need to commit themselves to following the Vision Explosion Journey format, including the schedule for coaching with the pastor, as well as to a self-inspection of their own desires and personal agendas for their church. These personal agendas will need to be laid aside for this Vision Explosion Journey to be successful.
- Vulnerability – the pastor agrees to complete honesty and openness in discussions with the Vision Coach, and a willingness to participate fully in both the coaching sessions and the Vision Explosion Retreat.
- Time – it will necessitate some time in a Vision service to conduct the Surveys, a meal for the leaders, and a weekend without interruption for the Vision Explosion Retreat itself, preferably at a location away from the church, including Friday overnight and Saturday, returning home Saturday evening. The weekend Worship Service(s) will celebrate the results of the retreat.
- Finances – the church should expect to underwrite the entire cost of the Vision Explosion Journey, including meals and lodging for the participants, any materials needed for the seminars, and the Vision Coach’s fee and travel expenses.
The financial cost for the Coaching Services of TLC Ministries is considered for each church individually. It reflects both the time commitment of the TLC Vision Coach, as well as the travel expenses incurred in providing those services. There will be no coaching fees from TLC for the initial interview with the church, if one is needed. TLC does, however, ask the church to reimburse TLC for the travel expenses for that trip, which will be billed following that initial trip. Once TLC gathers any needed information from both the pastor and the church, the amount of the total coaching fee will be given to the church before the church makes its decisions and the process begins.